There is nothing better than wonderful summer veggies from my local farmer's market. Our small but wonderful farmer's market in Crestview Florida has such great veggies, fruits and other homemade goodies to offer our community.This quick and easy Italian recipe will be ready in no time. It's simply delicious!
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 12 ounces Italian Sausage-rolled into 1 inch meatballs
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 lb zucchini squash, cut
- 1 lb yellow squash, cut
- 2 Tbsp Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp all purpose seasoning salt
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Add oil to large skillet. Fry meatballs until golden brown. Transfer garlic, onion, bell pepper to skillet. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add squash, parsley, seasoning salt and pepper flakes to skillet.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes or until squash is fork tender. Do not overcook.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 211g|
|Recipe makes 5 servings|
|Calories from Fat 53||55%|
|Total Fat 5.97g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 0.86g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 9.2g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.7g||9%|