I originally made this in a round cake tin, but would suggest you try it with a 11 x 7" tray bake instead because it doesn't rise that much and will look nicer that way!
- 100g creamed coconut block
- 200g self raising flour
- 200g caster sugar
- 200 butter, softened
- 4 beaten eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- Grate the creamed coconut into a large mixing bowl.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder, then mix in the sugar.
- Add the eggs, butter and milk, mixing until soft and smooth. Gently stir in the zest.
- Pour into the lined tray and bake at 190 degrees C for about half an hour.
- It will be slightly springy on top and you should be able to pull a skewer out clean.
- Prick some holes through the cake and squeeze over the lime juice evenly.
- Cool, slice and eat!
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 23062g|
|Calories from Fat 161456||99%|
|Total Fat 18368.68g||22961%|
|Saturated Fat 11631.38g||46526%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 172.63g||46%|
|Dietary Fiber 10.1g||34%|