These are really quick to make and the chickpea and apricot salad can be whipped up whilst the kabobs are grilling.
This serves 2 so you can either make 8 kabob balls for a skewer each, or 16 smaller kabob balls for 2 skewers each!
- 250g lean lamb mince
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp coriander
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 100g couscous
- 150ml hot veggie or chicken stock
- 100g chickpeas
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 6 dried apricots, chopped
- 2 tsp dried mint
- In a bowl, mix the oil with the cloves and the spices.
- Add the lamb, celery and onion, mixing well.
- Form into 8 balls and thread onto 2 skewers. (Alternatively, form into 16 balls and thread onto 4 skewers!)
- Grill for 15 minutes, turning once.
- Meanwhile, pour the stock over the couscous in a bowl and cover for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chickpeas, apricots, spring onion and mint.
- Divide into two bowls and serve with the lamb kabobs.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 437g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 304||35%|
|Total Fat 34.21g||43%|
|Saturated Fat 10.23g||41%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 97.1g||26%|
|Dietary Fiber 20.1g||67%|