My mother loves her tuna melts, but the typical tuna melt is loaded with fattening mayonnaise, and tons of calories.
I decided to lighten up the fat and calories in Mom's favorite dish by using a light mayonnaise, and adding double the amount of veggies.
Now she has a terrific, healthier version of her favorite sandwich.
- 5 ounces Light Tuna Packed in Water, Drained
- 2 tablespoons onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- Â½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 slices muenster cheese
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 cup arugula
- 1. Combine tuna, onion, pickle, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard in a bowl.
- 2. Top 1 slice of whole wheat bread with tuna, cheese and another slice of bread.
- 3. Grill on panini grill, or spray non-stick skillet with cooking spray and grill on each side until cheese melts, and bread is toasted brown.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 179g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 222||53%|
|Total Fat 25.09g||31%|
|Saturated Fat 8.19g||33%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 20.05g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.2g||7%|