Cost per serving $4.97 view details
- 2 x Large eggs
- 2 Tbsp. Mayonnaise
- 1 x Red & green bell pepper
- Â Â Diced
- 3/4 bn Minced green onion tops
- 1/2 c. Dry bread crumbs plus more
- Â Â For coating
- 1Â 3/4 Tbsp. K-Paul's Blackened
- Â Â Redfish Magic seasoning
- 2 lb Jumbo lump crabmeat
- 3 Tbsp. Pomace extra virgin olive oil *
- Â Â ROASTED CORN SAUCE
- 1 Tbsp. Pomace extra virgin olive oil
- 1 c. Frzn whole-kernel corn
- 3 Tbsp. Diced yellow onion
- 3 c. Chicken stock
- 1/4 tsp ,salt
- 1/8 tsp White pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Unsalted butter
- * Pomace extra virgin olive oil is the type often used for cooking when a higher-quality virgin or possibly extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil is not required.
- CRAB CAKES: Combine Large eggs, mayonnaise, peppers, green onion, 1/2 c. bread crumbs and K-Paul's Magic in large mixing bowl. Mix in crab gently and mix well, trying not to break up lumps.
- If mix seems too wet, add in more bread crumbs.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Form mix into 2-inch balls (an ice cream scoop is a handy tool here). Coat outside of each ball with crumbs and form into 2-1/2-inch cakes. Heat oil in medium saute/fry pan; briefly cook till both sides of cakes are lightly browned. Place on baking sheet, and bake about 12 min.
- Makes 18 cakes, serves 6.
- CORN SAUCE: Heat oven to 375 Place oil, corn and onion on a baking sheet, and roast 20 min or possibly till dark brown. Remove from oven.
- Bring chicken stock to a boil in a saucepan. Add in three-fourths of the corn to the stock, and season with salt and pepper. Puree in a blender on low speed (because the mix is warm, you may to do it in batches). Add in remaining corn to sauce, and stir in butter to finish
- (consistancy should be a little thinner than creamed corn.)
- Dish is pictured served in a shallow soup bowl with the corn sauce poured in first and the 3 crab cakes on top with carrot curls garnishing the middle space.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 327g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 105||36%|
|Total Fat 11.85g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 4.01g||16%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 8.38g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||4%|