Cost per serving $0.97 view details
- Preheat oven to 160Â°C/140Â°C fan-forced. Grease a 6cm-deep, 22cm (base) round springform cake pan. Line base and side with baking paper.
- Place butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water (make sure bowl doesn't touch water). Stir over low heat until smooth.
- Using an electric mixer, beat egg yolks and 1/2 cup sugar for 5 minutes or until thick and creamy. Beat eggwhites in a separate bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining sugar until dissolved.
- Add chocolate mixture to egg yolk mixture. Mix to combine. Add one-quarter of the eggwhite mixture. Mix well. Fold in remaining eggwhite mixture. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 50 minutes or until top is firm to touch and a skewer inserted into centre has moist crumbs clinging. Cool cake in pan. Serve.
- Dust with icing sugar mixture.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 78g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 287||75%|
|Total Fat 32.35g||40%|
|Saturated Fat 19.46g||78%|
|Trans Fat 0.03g|
|Total Carbs 19.11g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.3g||8%|