Cost per serving $1.22 view details
- 3/4 c. finely minced bittersweet chocolate
- 3/4 c. unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1 pch salt
- 1/4 c. cake flour, sifted
- 1/4 c. toasted coarsely minced hazelnut
- 1 Tbsp. cocoa
- 5 x egg, separated Caramel Sauce
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. 35% cream
- 2 Tbsp. brandy
- 1 1/2 c. whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.Line a 9 inch spring form pan with parchment paper.
- Heat chocolate and butter in a double boiler. Stir till smooth. Cold slightly.
- Sift together flour and cocoa. Stir in hazelnuts.
- Whisk together vanilla and egg yolks with all but 2 Tbsp. of sugar till smooth and pale. Slowly whisk melted chocolate into yolk mix till smooth. Fold flour mix into yolk mix.
- Beat egg whites till peaks hold. Continue beating whites and slowly add in 2 tbsp. sugar and healthy pinch of salt. Fold whites gently but thoroughly into chocolate and yolk mix.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake in middle rack of oven for 40 to 45 min or possibly till hard but still spongy in the middle.
- Remove cake from oven and cold completely on wire rack. Cake will fall. Run a knife along the sides of the pan to release cake from edges before removing cake from spring form pan.
- Caramel Sauce:Heat sugar in a heavy bottom pot till caramel colour. Remove from heat immediately and add in 1/2 c. cream.
- Let stand 2 to 3 min. When bubbles subside, add in brandy and stir till combined. Cold.
- Whip 11/2 c. cream till stiff peaks hold.
- To serve, slice cake and top with a dollop of whipped cream. Drizzle with caramel sauce.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 140g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 338||65%|
|Total Fat 38.79g||48%|
|Saturated Fat 22.85g||91%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 40.36g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.4g||8%|