(From the Gluten Free Collection at emealsforyou.com)
As you may know we are adding new areas to our website. Besides expanding our Vegan category we have added a Gluten Free category. It seems everywhere I go someone says they are gluten intolerant. Being the huge “bread” person I am that really bothers me. Along with registered Dietitian Lisa M. Ronco, MS RD CDN, we will endeavor to develop recipes and meal plans for our readers and members of our website: emealsforyou.com, who have problems planning meals around their eating preferences.
Most of us consider gluten free foods to be bland and tasteless; not so around here. This cake is wonderful, smooth and chocolaty without a speck of flour. As with all of our recipes in the Gluten Free category this is a keeper that you will find the whole family will enjoy, even without flour.
- Recipe Summary Complexity: Easy
- Serves: 10
- Category: Gluten Free
- Meal: other (General)
- 8 Tb butter, salted
- 16 oz chocolate, semi-sweet bar
- 9 large egg, separated
- 1 cup sugar, white
- 3 Tb cocoa
- 10 oz chocolate, semi-sweet bar
- 1 cup cream, heavy
- Preheat oven to 350. butter a 9â springform pan; line the bottom with buttered wax paper, dust with cocoa powder. Melt chocolate and butter together, allow to cool slightly. Separate eggs; beat yolks on medium for 1 minute, add sugar and beat until light yellow. In a separate bowl beat egg whites until just peaking. Blend cooled chocolate with egg yolks, add cocoa; fold in egg whites. Pour into pan, bake for 40-45 minutes. This is a very moist cake and an inserted knife should come out barely wet. Allow to cool for Â½ hour prior too removing from pan.
- Heat cream until just below boil, remove from heat, and stir in chocolate until melted.
- May be reheated slowly to melt.
- Pour chocolate ganache over top, leave on counter until ready to serve.
- If you refrigerate this cake the ganache will lose its shine.
- Â·Note: This is almost a souffle; it will rise and drop, if the center caves in donât panic. Fill with berries and pretend it was on purpose. It happens to all of us.
- Find more recipes like this at emealsforyou.com.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 164g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 490||76%|
|Total Fat 57.42g||72%|
|Saturated Fat 34.05g||136%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 43.62g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 12.5g||42%|