Cost per serving $2.07 view details
- 3 medium fennel bulbs, trimmed, quartered, and cored
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 3 scallions (spring onions), trimmed and sliced
- 4 cups vegetable stock from 1 cube
- 1 large potato, peeled and cubed
- Black pepper
- Slice the fennel into medium-size pieces, keep the feathery fennel fronds.
- Heat butter and olive oil together in a medium pot over medium-low heat.
- Add sliced fennel, scallions, and 1 cup of the stock. Cover and simmer gently for 15 minutes until fennel is soft and translucent.
- Add potato and remaining 3 cups of the stock, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer gently for 25 minutes or until potato is very soft and cooked through.
- Gently mash vegetables with a potato masher or the back of a wooden spoon until soup is thick and chunky. Do not puree the mixture. Add a little water if it becomes too thick.
- Season with pepper.
- Set aside before serving for 5 minutes to allow flavors to develop.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 448g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 58||36%|
|Total Fat 6.59g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 2.31g||9%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 25.1g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.7g||19%|