Cost per serving $0.44 view details
- 1 c. diced onion
- 8 tsp instant chicken broth granules or possibly
- 8 pkt instant chicken broth & seasoning mix
- 8 x cloves chopped garlic (equal to 4 tsp.)
- 9 c. assorted sliced veggies *see Note
- 1 x tomato seeded & minced
- 4 tsp fresh parsley minced (or possibly 1 tsp dry)
- 1 tsp dry basil leaves ( I prefer 1Tb fresh)
- 1/2 tsp pepper (I use a bit less of restaurant grind)
- 1). Spray large (5+ Qt), non-stick saucepan lightly with Pam. Saute/fry onions over medium heat till almost translucent/soft. Add in garlic and dry chicken mix. Continue cooking till onion is translucent/soft. ( I like my onions lightly browned).
- 2.. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cover and cook over low heat for about 10 min.
- 3.. Add in 8 c. of water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer about 20 min (till vegetables are soft). 4.. Use a slotted spoon to remove about 2 c. of vegetables from pan; set aside.
- 5.. Allow soup to cold to room temperature. Puree remaining soup in a blender in small batches. (I plan to use my new hand blender right in the pot)
- 6.. Return pureed mix and reserved vegetables to saucepan and heat.
- Enjoy as an unlimited vegetable on the Weight Watchers plan!
- This soup is especially good with 7 - 8 fat-free cracked pepper crackers
- (that count as one bread serving).
- I like to microwave 1 1/2 c. of this soup to 150 degrees and eat with the crackers about 30 min before lunch.
- This is a "free food" per WW leaders and materials. Enjoy!
- Description: "Large Quantity of WW Veggie Soup"
- NOTES :* I use a combo. of zucchini, yellow squash, carrot, & mushrooms
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 312g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 156||31%|
|Total Fat 17.39g||22%|
|Saturated Fat 3.99g||16%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 43.04g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 13.8g||46%|