it is a traditional greek recipe. In Greek "Papoutsakia" means small shoes and you'll find out why by reading the recipe.
Cost per serving $3.86 view details
- For the eggplants
- 10 eggplants
- 1/2 Kg minced meat from beef
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- Salt / pepper
- 4 tomatos chopped
- Olive oil
- For the bechamel sauce
- 6 table spoons butter
- 7-8 table spoons flour
- 1 liter milk
- 3 table spoons grated cheese
- 1-2 egg yolks
- Salt / white pepper
- We saute the onion in olive oil.
- When it becomes soft we add the minced meat, tomatos and a cup of water. We cook till all water is absorbed.
- We wash the eggplants and we cut them in halves.
- We remove their flesh leaving around 1cm of the external cover. We put them in a pan with olive oil and we saute them lightly.
- We fill the eggplants with the minced meat mixture.
- We prepare a bechamel sauce and we put it on top of the eggplants.
- We put them in a pan and bake them in medium oven for 1 hour.
- Bechamel sauce
- In a pan we heat the milk. Attention: we do not want it boiled.
- In a bigger pan we heat the butter to melt. Then we add the flour slowly stirring with a wooden spoon till it is well dissolved.
- We remove the pan from the heat and we add the milk slowly stirring continuously.
- We put again the pan on the cooker hob and we stir till the sauce is thick and smooth as cream.
- We add the cheese.
- We remove from the heat and we add salt, pepper and when the sauce is cooler we add the egg yolks well stirred.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 872g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 175||42%|
|Total Fat 19.84g||25%|
|Saturated Fat 11.6g||46%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 53.68g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 22.0g||73%|