It is a wonderful recipe, even though it takes time in preparation. It is served as a starter in huge quantities since noone can eat only one! It goes well with greek yoghurt.
- 300 gr vine leaves
- 2 cups rice
- 1 cup olive oil
- 4 big onions, finely chopped
- 2 cups boiled water
- salt / pepper
- parsley, dill, spearmint finely chopped
- 1 table spoon black raisins
- 2 table spoons pine nuts
- we boil water and we put the vine leaves for 1 minute.
- we remove them and we wash them in cold water.
- in a heavy saucepan we heat half of the olive oil and we add the onions. We sautee them till they turn to gold.
- we add the rice stirring for some minutes.
- then we add the water, raisins and pine nuts, salt and pepper, parsley, dill and spearmint.
- we cover the pan and we let it boil for about 10 minutes.
- we remove from the heat and we let it cool.
- Using a spoon we put a quantity of the mixture on every vine leave and we roll it in order to fully cover the stuffing.
- we put them in a pan very close one to other.
- we add the rest of the olive oil and the water and we cover them with a heavy plate.
- we boil in medium tolow heat for about 45 minutes till all water has gone and in the pan there is only the oil.
- we serve them cold with lemon slices. they go well with yoghurt.
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1480g|
|Calories from Fat 2008||57%|
|Total Fat 227.78g||285%|
|Saturated Fat 31.3g||125%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 342.73g||91%|
|Dietary Fiber 12.4g||41%|