A delicious, easy to make hearty fish stew.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours
Cost per serving $5.63 view details
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 8 oz chopped tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 chopped red bell pepper
- 4-5 cloves garlic
- 2 carrots
- 1 stalk celery
- 1/4 lb mushrooms
- 6 clams scrubbed
- 6 mussels scrubbed
- 1/2 lb cleaned shrimp
- 1/2 pound white fish (I use tilapia)
- 1 1/2 cups dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups fish stock (I suspect clam juice would be fine)
- pinch or two of saffron
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- parsley, oregano, salt and pepper
- Start by chopping the onion, pepper, carrots, celery and garlic into bite-size pieces.
- First, heat the olive oil in a pot big enough to hold this dish under a fairly low flame.,
- Add the garlic long enough to flavor the oil.
- turn the heat up to medium, add the onions and saute until slightly translucent, then add the pepper, carrots and celery.
- Saute together until it smells like the flavors have combined.
- Add the saffron. then the mushrooms. I like to do it this way because the mushrooms (assuming white one) take on a nice yellow tint. The white fish will do the same thing.
- Now add the tomato sauce, chopped tomatoes, fish stock and wine and bring to a slight boil.
- Lower the heat, add your spices and let the sauce relax and enjoy itself andcombinethe flavors for as long as you can...at least 1/2 hour...preferably an hour.
- Chop the white fish into bite size pieces, add to the sauce. Next add the shell fish, followed in a minute or two by the shrimp.
- Once the clams and mussels have opened up, and the shrimp has turned a nice pink color. Taste, flavor with salt and pepper as desired and serve in big individual bowls with a nice bread for dipping.. Although the white fish will break up a little bit, this stuff taste even better as a left-over.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 576g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 174||39%|
|Total Fat 19.59g||24%|
|Saturated Fat 2.9g||12%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 18.34g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.6g||12%|