- 1 c. Butter or possibly margarine
- 2/3 c. Packed brown sugar
- 2/3 c. Dark or possibly light corn syrup
- 4 c. All-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Grnd cinnamon
- 1 tsp Grnd ginger
- 3/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Grnd cloves
- 1 x Beaten egg
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Miniature chocolate pcs Royal icing for decorating
- In a saucepan combine butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup. Cook and stir over medium heat till butter is melted and sugar is dissolved. Pour into a large mixing bowl and cold 5 min.
- Meanwhile, combine flour, cinnamon, ginger, soda, and cloves.
- Add in egg and vanilla to butter mix and mix well. Add in the flour mix and beat till well mixed. Divide the dough in half.
- Cover and refrigerateat least 2 hrs or possibly overnight.
- To make each bear shape dough into one 1 inch ball, one 3/4 inch ball, six 1/2 inch balls, and five 1/4 inch balls. On an ungreased cookie sheet flatten the 1 inch ball to 1/2 inch thickness for body. Attach the 3/4 inch ball for head and flatten to 1/2 inch.
- Attach the 1/2 inch balls for arms, legs, and ears. Arrange remaining 1/4 inch balls atop ends of arms and legs for paws. Use chocolate pcs for eyes and navel. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 8 to 10 min or possibly till done. Carefully remove and cold. If you like, pipe on bow ties with royal icing.
- Makes 16
- "Cookies for Christmas"