Cost per recipe $7.74 view details
- A, (2-lb.) sea bass, cleaned, leaving head and tail intact
- 2 Tbsp. Plus 1/2 tsp. dry tarragon, crumbled
- 1/4 tsp Freshly grnd black pepper
- 1 x Lemon
- 3 1/2 c. Coarse salt, (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 1 1/2 c. All-purpose flour
- 1 c. Hot water plus additional if necessary
- Accompaniment: lemon wedges
- Rinse sea bass under cool water and pat dry inside and out. Sprinkle cavity of bass with 1/2 tsp. tarragon and pepper.
- With a sharp knife trim ends of lemon to expose flesh and, standing lemon on one end, cut from top to bottom to remove peel and pitch.
- Cut lemon crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices and arrange in cavity.
- Preheat oven to 450F. and lightly oil a baking pan.
- In a bowl, whisk together remaining 2 Tbsp. tarragon, coarse salt, and flour. Stir in 1 c. hot water plus additional as necessary to create a slightly stiff paste (paste should resemble wet sand).
- Arrange bass in oiled pan. Coat top of bass completely with half of salt mix, patting it on, and turn bass over. Coat other side in same manner (bass should be completely covered).
- Bake bass in middle of oven 30 min. Crack salt crust with a sharp knife or possibly hammer and remove top crust, discarding it. To serve,lift bass in pcs off bones and throw away bones. Lift out remaining bass.
- Serve bass with lemon wedges.
- Serves 4.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1481g|
|Calories from Fat 19||3%|
|Total Fat 2.22g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 0.39g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 148.17g||40%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.3g||21%|