- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 1/2 c. finely-minced onion
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. chopped garlic
- 1 Tbsp. finely-minced shallots
- 1 x bay leaf
- 2 tsp grnd tumeric
- 2 c. small to medium diced peeled potatoes
- 6 c. bottled clam juice
- 1/4 tsp Tabasco or possibly other warm sauce Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 3 Tbsp. roux (1 tbspn butter and 2 tbspns flour which is cooked together)
- 2 lb boneless, skinless halibut cut into 1/2" cubes
- 2 c. lowfat milk
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp. minced parsley
- In a large sauce pot over medium heat place canola oil. Add in onion, garlic, shallots, bay leaf and tumeric and saute/fry for 2 to 3 min. Add in potatoes, clam juice, warm sauce, black pepper and bring to a boil and reduce heat and simmer for 20 min.
- After 20 min, check to see if potatoes are done. Add in roux and mix well to thicken. Add in fish and simmer for 1 minute. Stir in the lowfat milk and cream and increase the heat to bring to a boil. Garnish with parsley and serve.