Cost per serving $3.67 view details
- 10 cups finely chopped unpeeled pickling cucumbers (approximately 3 1/2 to 4 pounds of pickling cucumbers)
- 7 cups bell peppers any color
- 1 cup finely chopped celery, about 4 large ribs
- 1 cup finely chopped peeled onion, about 2 medium onions
- 1/2 cup pickling salt
- 3 1/2 cups white vinegar
- 2 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons mustard seeds
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- Put chopped vegetables in a large stainless steel or enamel-lined pot. Stir in the salt, cover, and let stand at room temperature for 4 hours.
- Put the vegetables in a large colander and drain. Rinse with cold water. Using your hands, squeeze out excess liquids.
- Rinse out the pot you used for the vegetables. In the pot, combine the vinegar, sugar, mustard seeds, and garlic. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Add the drained vegetables and stir to blend. Bring back to a full boil; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Fill prepared jars, leaving a 1/2-inch headspace. Fit lids on jars and screw bands down to fingertip tightness. Process in a boiling water bath canner with water at least 1 inch above the jars for 10 minutes. Turn off heat, remove the canner cover, and wait 5 minutes before removing jars.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 693g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 27||6%|
|Total Fat 3.16g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 0.3g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 100.02g||27%|
|Dietary Fiber 7.9g||26%|