When Bobo the monkey comes home after a hard day of work entertaining children at the zoo, he wants to plop down on his palm leaf couch with a bowl full of his homemade banana crackers. This is his favorite of the baked banana chip recipes that he's tried. He knows you'll love it too!
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- coarse salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F and grease a 12x15 inch cookie sheet.
- In a med. size bowl using a pastry blender, mix butter, flour and 1/8 teaspoon salt together until crumbly. Using a fork, stir in Tabasco and banana.
- On a floured surface, knead mixture gently adding a small amount of flour if necessary to make the dough firm.
- Divide dough into half and roll out one half at a time on a floured surface until thin enough to cover prepared cookie sheet. Place dough on cookie sheet and sprinkle lightly with the coarse salt.
- Using a pastry cutter, cut through dough into 1inch squares.
- Bake 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove crackers with a spatula and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Repeat with second half of the dough. Makes 30 dozen crackers.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 16g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 34||59%|
|Total Fat 3.91g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 2.45g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 5.41g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1%|