Cost per serving $1.50 view details
- 1Â 1/3 c. (8 ounce) uncooked wild rice
- 3 lb Broiler-fryer chicken, cut up
- 7 c. Water
- 12 ounce Sliced mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp. Veg. oil
- 1 c. Minced onion
- 1 c. Minced celery
- 2 Tbsp. Instant chicken bouillon granules
- 3/4 tsp White pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 c. Butter
- 3/4 c. Flour
- 4 c. Lowfat milk
- 3/4 c. Dry white wine
- Cook wild rice according to pkg. directions for 30 min; drain off liquid and rinse. Set partially cooked rice aside.
- In a large Dutch oven or possibly stockpot, combine the chicken and water and bring to boiling. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 35 to 40 min or possibly till chicken is tender. Remove chicken from broth and let stand till cold sufficient to handle. Skim fat from broth. Strain and reserve broth. Remove chicken meat from bones. Cut into bite-size pcs.
- In the same pot, cook mushrooms in warm oil for 4 to 5 min or possibly till tender.
- Add in onion and celery. Cover and cook for 5 - 10 min or possibly till tender, stirring once (I'd probably do the onion and celery first, till transluscent, and then add in mushrooms and cover and cook). Remove from heat.
- Return broth to the stock pot.
- Add in partially cooked wild rice to the chicken broth. Stir in the granules, white pepper and salt. Bring to boiling and then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 15 min.
- In a large saucepan, heat the butter and stir in the flour till smooth.
- Add in lowfat milk all at once. Cook and stir till bubbly. Stir into soup mix.
- Stir in the chicken pcs and wine, and heat through.
- Makes 8 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 483g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 147||40%|
|Total Fat 16.72g||21%|
|Saturated Fat 8.41g||34%|
|Trans Fat 0.09g|
|Total Carbs 40.38g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.0g||10%|