Cost per serving $1.35 view details
- 2 lb Small courgette
- Â Â Salt
- 7 Tbsp. Extra virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. Balsamic vinegar
- Â Â Black pepper, freshly grnd
- 1 x Garlic clove very thinly sliced
- 4 x Tomatoes, preferably plum tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp. Minced fresh mint for garnish
- Wash and scrub the courgette thoroughly, but leave the ends on to prevent water getting inside. Cook them in boiling salted water till tender but not soft. Take them out of the saucepan and refresh under cool water. Leave them cold a little, then dry them and cut off the ends. Cut each courgette in half lengthwise and lay the halves neatly on a serving dish.
- Mix together the oil, vinegar, pepper, and salt to taste and spoon over the courgette, reserving 2 Tbsp. of the dressing. Sprinkle the garlic slivers on top. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for about 1 hour.
- Blanch and peel the tomatoes. Cut them in half and squeeze out out the seeds and some of the liquid. Cut each half into 1/2-inch cubes. Before serving, place the tomatoes on top of the courgette, sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper, and spoon the remaining dressing over the vegetables.
- This recipe serves 8.
- A CASA by Anna Del Conte
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 194g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 107||76%|
|Total Fat 12.15g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 1.7g||7%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 7.45g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.1g||7%|