Cost per serving $1.24 view details
- 5 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled
- Sea salt/Kosher salt and fresh Black Pepper
- 1 + 1/4 pound Ground Sirloin
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 celery rib, diced
- Canola Oil for sauteing
- Milk, about 1/8 cup
- Butter, about 6 tablespoons, divided
- 3 tablespoon All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Dry Mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 + 1/4 cup Chicken or Beef Broth
- 1 cup Corn, frozen
- 1 cup Peas, frozen
- Cook the potatoes, carrots and garlic cloves in a big saucepan with enough water to cover, simmering until tender. Drain and add to a large mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper, a few tablespoon of butter, and about 1/8 cup of milk. The potatoes should be a thicker consistency than if you were eating them as is. Use a hand mixer or a potato masher to mash until the potatoes are smooth. Lumps of carrots are OK. Taste and season again if needed.
- While the potatoes are cooking brown the ground meat in a large skillet. Drain grease. Remove from pan and set aside. In enough oil to cover the bottom of the skillet saute onion and celery until tender. Add two tablespoons butter, the flour and mustard, stir for a minute. Slowly add in stock and stir or whisk until smooth. Add ground meat and Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer for 3-4 minutes. Taste and season further if needed.
- Steam or microwave the corn and carrots together until thawed.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a deep-sided 8x8-inch greased casserole pan spread the meat mixture evenly across the bottom. Sprinkle the pea and corn mixture over top. Dollop the potatoes over top and spread out, roughing up the top with fork.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden brown on top and bubbly. Put a baking sheet on the rack underneath to catch any drips. Let set for five minutes before serving.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 437g|
|Recipe makes 5 servings|
|Calories from Fat 168||36%|
|Total Fat 19.1g||24%|
|Saturated Fat 11.79g||47%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 68.58g||18%|
|Dietary Fiber 9.5g||32%|