Cost per serving $2.23 view details
- 3-4 boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts
- Sea or Kosher salt and fresh Black Pepper
- 1-2 cups Barbecue Sauce, like Jack Daniels
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- Canola oil
- 4 ounce can Green Chiles, diced
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups Monterey Jack or Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- An hour or two before baking pound out chicken breasts between two pieces of plastic wrap using a meat mallet or a skillet to 1-inch thick. Season with salt and pepper,
- marinate in enough barbecue sauce to cover well.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bake the chicken until cooked through, adding more barbecue sauce over top as needed.
- While the chicken is baking cook the bacon until crispy in a small skillet or in a separate pan in oven alongside the chicken. In a large skillet saute onion in a few tablespoons of oil until tender, add green chiles and saute for a few more minutes.
- When chicken is cooked through turn on broiler, sprinkle chicken generously with cheese and melt under broiler, keeping a very close eye on it.
- Top chicken with green chile/onion mixture and crumbled bacon.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 362g|
|Recipe makes 3 servings|
|Calories from Fat 372||51%|
|Total Fat 41.87g||52%|
|Saturated Fat 20.68g||83%|
|Trans Fat 0.02g|
|Total Carbs 51.36g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.9g||6%|