This salad is best the second day. It is easy to make and I enjoy serving this during the summer when we have a lot of people over for BBQ's.
- 4 C Chicken Stock (low sodium, preferably)
- 2 C uncooked long grain white rice
- 3 6oz jars of artichoke hearts (save the oil, you will need it)
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1 4oz jar pimiento stuffed olives (optional)
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- 3 large celery stalks, diced
- 1/4 C chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tsp. curry powder
- 2 C mayonnaise
- salt and pepper to taste
- Steam rice with the chicken stock (I use my rice cooker and then let it cool). Drain the artichokes (save the oil) and chop. Add vegetables and parsley to the rice and mix.
- Combine the reserved oil, curry, mayonnaise, salt and pepper. Toss with the rice and mix thoroughly. Refregerate until ready to serve.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 209g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 308||68%|
|Total Fat 34.77g||43%|
|Saturated Fat 6.39g||26%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 29.48g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5g||8%|