Cost per serving $1.37 view details
- 3/4 c. Freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 Tbsp. Grand marnier
- 1/2 c. Sugar
- 1 tsp Orange zest, finely minced
- Â Â *INGREDIENTS FOR CHOCOLATE ESPRESSO SAUCE***
- 1/4 c. Espresso beans
- 1 c. Heavy cream
- 1/2 c. Granulated sugar
- 6 ounce Bittersweet chocolate, coarsely minced
- 2 Tbsp. Unsalted butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- How to Prepare the Orange Sauce:Combine ingredients in a non-reactive saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, till thick and syrupy and reduced by half. How to Prepare the Chocolate Espresso Sauce:
- 1. Preheat the oven to 325 F.
- 2. Place the espresso beans on a baking sheet and roast for 5-10 min, just till you can begin to smell their aroma. Remove beans and allow to cold. Place in a coffee grinder and grind coarsely.
- Place the beans in a small sauce pan with the heavy cream and bring to a boil, remove from heat and let sit for 30 min.
- 3. Strain the heavy cream through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl.
- Return the infused cream to the saucepan with the sugar and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add in chocolate and butter and vanilla and stir till smooth.
- 4. Cover and keep hot till ready to use.
- Presentation:Place a slice of cake on a dessert plate. Pour the chocolate espresso sauce around the cake and drizzle with the orange sauce.
- Chocolate Cake With Chocolate Espresso Sauce and Orange Sauce
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 184g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 335||56%|
|Total Fat 39.2g||49%|
|Saturated Fat 24.32g||97%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 68.57g||18%|
|Dietary Fiber 7.2g||24%|