This is is very quick recipe, it only require couple of ingredients and it can be serve with variety of starches like mashed potatoes, pasta, rice, couscous or quinoa... kids love this with spaghetti...
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (1-1/4 to 1-1/2 lb. total)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 15-oz. can crushed/diced tomatoes
- 1 5.75oz. jar sliced pitted green olives, drained
- 2 Tbsp. capers, drained
- 1 tsp. dried oregano, crushed
- 3 Tbsp. snipped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley - optional
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- salt as per your taste
- In large skillet brown chicken in hot oil over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, turning once. Remove chicken from skillet; set aside.
- Add onion to skillet. Cook over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender and lightly browned, stirring occasionally and adding garlic the last 1 minute of cooking. Add salt as per your taste and 1/2 tsp of Red chilli pepper flakes.
- Stir tomatoes, olives, capers, oregano into onion mixture. Place chicken on tomato mixture. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 13 to 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- To serve, place chicken on platter. Spoon tomato mixture over chicken. Sprinkle with parsley if using.
- serve with plain white rice, pasta or any other starches mentioned above.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 144g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 128||78%|
|Total Fat 14.38g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 1.98g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 6.87g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.8g||9%|