Cost per recipe $5.61 view details
- 4 med sweet potatoes
- 3 lrg Large eggs lightly beaten
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 3/4 tsp grnd cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp grnd allspice
- 1/4 tsp freshly-grated nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 c. light cream
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter - (1/2 stick) melted, cooled
- Whipped cream for serving optional
- 1 1/4 c. all-purpose flour more for dusting
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 c. chilled unsalted butter cut in pcs
- 2 Tbsp. ice water - (to 4)
- 1. To make the Prebaked Pie Crust: Place flour, salt, and sugar in the bowl of a food processor, and process for a few seconds to combine. Add in butter, and process till the mix resembles coarse meal, about 10 seconds. With the machine running, add in ice water in a slow, steady stream, through the feed tube, just till the dough holds together. Don't process for more than 30 seconds.
- Turn the dough out onto a work surface. Place dough on a sheet of plastic wrap. Flatten to create a disc. Wrap, and chill for at least 1 hour before using.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 1/8-inch-thick round. Fit into a 9-inch pie plate. Trim pastry using scissors or possibly a sharp paring knife. Crimp or possibly decorate the edges of the pastry as desired. Transfer to refrigerator to refrigeratefor 30 min.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prick the bottom of pastry all over with a fork. Line the pastry with parchment paper; fill with pie weights or possibly dry beans. Bake till pastry begins to color around the edges, 15 to 20 min. Remove the parchment paper and weights, and continue to bake just till the pastry dries out and turns a light golden brown color for a partially baked shell, and a deeper amber for a fully baked shell, 5 to 20 min more. Cold completely on a wire rack before filling.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Pierce potatoes several times with the tines of a fork. Roast till tender when pierced with the tip of a knife, about 1 hour. Set aside to cold slightly. When cold sufficient to handle, peel, discarding skins, and place flesh in a medium bowl. Mash well; set aside to cold.
- In a medium bowl, whisk Large eggs, sugar, lemon zest, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, and salt, till well combined. Whisk in cream.
- Add in egg mix to cooled sweet potatoes, and whisk till thoroughly combined. Whisk in melted butter. Pour into baked crust. Bake till filling is set and the tip of a knife comes out clean when inserted into the center, 45 to 50 min. Cold completely before slicing. Serve topped with whipped cream.
- This recipe yields 1 nine-inch pie.
- Yield: 1 nine-inch pie
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1316g|
|Calories from Fat 1973||60%|
|Total Fat 224.17g||280%|
|Saturated Fat 135.7g||543%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 280.31g||75%|
|Dietary Fiber 16.9g||56%|