Cost per recipe $10.00 view details
- 5 lrg Potatoes, peeled and cut up, (up to 6)
- 1Â 1/2 lb Lean grnd beef
- 1 sm Onion, minced
- 1 can (15-ounce) mixed vegetables (liquid removed)
- 1 can (10-3/4-ounce) cream of potato soup (undiluted)
- 1 can (small) sliced mushrooms (liquid removed)
- Â Â Salt to taste
- Â Â Butter and lowfat milk to taste for making mashed potatoes
- 1 c. Shredded cheese, (colby or possibly cheddar) (up to 1-1/2)
- This casserole "reheats beautifully," says Charlotte Pierson of Milan, who invented it several years ago.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. Peel and cut up potatoes. Place rinsed potatoes in large saucepan. Cover with water, salt to taste and boil till tender.
- While potatoes are cooking, brown grnd beef and onion in large skillet.
- Remove from heat. Drain meat and onion mix. Add in mixed vegetables, soup and mushrooms. Mix gently. Place in ovenproof casserole dish. Mash potatoes with butter and lowfat milk (to taste). Spread proportionately on top of meat mix (be sure to spread potatoes to edges). Heat in 325-degree oven till bubbling at edges (about 20-25 min). Spread shredded cheese over top of hot mashed potatoes. Return to oven (about five to 10 min more) till cheese melts.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 2353g|
|Calories from Fat 2066||54%|
|Total Fat 232.47g||291%|
|Saturated Fat 122.26g||489%|
|Trans Fat 6.4g|
|Total Carbs 249.14g||66%|
|Dietary Fiber 31.5g||105%|