Cost per recipe $2.59 view details
- 2 tomatoes (1 pound) peeled, seeded and minced
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 T fresh lemon juice
- 1 lg. garlic clove, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- garlic pwdr (optional, for sprinkling)
- paprika (optional, for sprinkling)
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 c. mixed fresh herbs (basil, chives, tarragon, parsley, oregano)
- 1 pound North Atlantic cod fillets
- 2 T butter
- One hour in advance of cooking the cod, stir together tomatoes, extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, your choice of desired herbs and salt. Cover, set aside and allow to stand at room temperature for 1 hour to allow flavors to blend.Cut cod fillets into 3 portions.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, heat butter and heat till it is just brown (a pinch of parsley may be added to butter for color enhancement).
- Place fish on greased broiling pan and brush with browned butter. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and optionally, garlic pwdr.
- Broil 4 to 6 inches from heat for 8 to 10 min. Don't turn. (Estimate cooking time at approximately 10 min per inch of thickness for thawed fish.)
- Fish will be nearly white when cooked. Sprinkle with paprika (optional) and serve with fresh parsley and lemon.
- Serve with the tomato sauce at room temperature.
- Serves 3.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 413g|
|Calories from Fat 961||94%|
|Total Fat 109.3g||137%|
|Saturated Fat 64.49g||258%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 12.8g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.4g||11%|