A healthy, tasty, easy recipe for the whole family.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Cost per serving $1.34 view details
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I usually do two, but the amount of sauce could handle probably 4-6 breasts)
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- flour for dredging
- 8 - 10 oz sliced mushrooms
- Italian seasoning (or a few shakes of oregano, basil, parsley and garlic powder)
- 1/2 c chicken broth
- 1, 8 oz boxed or canned French Onion soup
- Swiss or provolone cheese, sliced
- Pound the chicken thin before browning ( I usually cut them in half after I pound them),
- sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Dust them with flour.
- Brown the chicken breasts in a medium-high skillet in oil or butter.
- Remove and place in casserole dish.
- Add mushrooms & onions to the skillet, keeping the drippings from the chicken.Cook mushrooms & onions in skillet for 5 minutes,
- Add the chicken stock and simmer down till there is very little broth left (about 15 min)
- Add the french onion soup and cook together to reduce liquid for 5 minutes.
- Pour sauce over chicken in the casserole dish, top with Swiss cheese and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- I like to serve over bow tie pasta
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 184g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 27||33%|
|Total Fat 3.02g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 1.77g||7%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 6.9g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||5%|