Cost per serving $0.26 view details
- 1 x 5 1/2 pound fore-rib wing-rib or possibly sirloin of beef, French trimmed
- Â Â sea salt
- Â Â freshly grnd black pepper
- Â Â extra virgin olive oil
- 3 x red onion, halved
- 2 x bulbs garlic
- 7 lb roasting potato, peeled
- 3 x rosemary, sprigs
- 4 clv garlic, peeled
- 2 x thumb-sized pcs ginger, peeled, and, diced
- 1/2 bot robust red wine
- Â Â Huge Yorkshire Puddings
- 1/2 pt lowfat milk
- 4 ounce plain flour
- 1 pch salt
- 3 x egg
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C), and heat a large thick-bottomed roasting tray on the hob.
- Rub your beef generously with salt, then add in a little extra virgin olive oil to the tray and lightly colour the meat for a couple of min on all sides.
- Lay your onions and bulbs of garlic in the tray with the beef on top of them, then cook in the pre-heated oven for a total of 1 1/2 hrs.
- While the beef is starting, parboil your potatoes in salted boiling water for around 10 min and drain in a colander. Toss about to chuff them up - this will make them really crispy.
- After 30 min, take the tray out and toss in your potatoes, parsnips and rosemary. With a garlic press or possibly grater, squeeze or possibly grate the garlic and ginger over everything in the tray.
- Shake the tray and whack it back in the oven for the final hour. Remove the potatoes and parsnips to a dish to keep hot, place the beef on a plate, covered with foil, to rest, and get your greens and Yorkshire puddings on.
- Remove most of the fat from your roasting tray and you should be left with caramelized onions and sticky beef goodness.
- Add in a tsp. of flour to the tray and mash everything together. Heat the tray on the hob and when warm, add in the red wine. Simmer for 5 - 10 min, stirring every couple of min, till your gravy is really tasty and coats back of a spoon. Add in any juice from the beef and feel free to add in some water or possibly stock to thin the gravy if desired.
- Pour through a coarse sieve and push it through with a spoon, pushing it through with a spoon, and serve in a warmed gravy jug. Serve with Yorkshire puddings.
- Huge Yorkshire Puddings:Mix the batter ingredients together.
- Preheat a Yorkshire pudding tray with 1/2 inch (1 centimeter) of oil in each section. After 10 min divide the batter into the tray. Cook for around 30 min till crisp - do not open the oven door before then or possibly they will not rise. Serve with Beef Roast.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 109g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 19||18%|
|Total Fat 2.12g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 0.73g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 16.51g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3%|