Cost per serving $0.95 view details
- 1 lb Beef sirloin trimmed of all
- Â Â fat and sinew
- 3/4 c. Extra virgin olive oil
- Â Â Juice of 1 lemon
- 8 lrg Shallots finely diced
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Cracked black peppercorns plus
- 1 tsp Cracked black peppercorns
- Â Â Julienned Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Â Â Minced fresh chives for garnish
- Refrigerate8 serving plates. Place meat in freezer about 10 min.
- Whisk together extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, shallots, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and reserve.
- Slice cool beef across grain into 1/8-inch slices. Then place each slice, one at a time, between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and, using the smooth side of a meat pounder, flatten by gently pounding and pressing back and forth. Work from center out. Keep turning to flatten it proportionately to about 1/16-inch. (You should spend about a minute on each slice.)
- Entirely cover each chilled plate with thin slices of beef. (At this stage, you can cover with plastic wrap and reserve in refrigerator for several hrs.) Carefully spoon reserved dressing over meat to proportionately cover. Garnish with Parmesan strips and chives, and serve immediately.
- This recipe yields 8 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 79g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 242||83%|
|Total Fat 27.28g||34%|
|Saturated Fat 5.63g||23%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.84g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1%|