Cost per recipe $1.53 view details
- 1 pkt dry yeast - (1/4 ounce)
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 1/4 cup. hot water (105 to 115 degrees)
- 2 3/4 cup. bread flour
- 1/2 cup. whole-wheat flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Stir yeast and honey into water; let stand till foamy, about 5 min.
- Place bread and whole-wheat flours and salt in food processor fitted with metal blade.
- Pulse to mix. With machine running, slowly pour yeast mix through feed tube, then add in oil.
- Process till dough cleans sides of work bowl.
- Adjust consistency of dough as needed: If it is too dry, add in a little more water; if it is too sticky, add in a little more flour.
- When dough is right consistency - moist but not sticking to work bowl - process it till supple and elastic, about 30 seconds more.
- Transfer dough to large resealable plastic food bag, squeeze out air and seal at top, leaving room for dough to expand.
- Let dough rise in hot place till doubled in volume, about 1 hour. Press dough through bag to deflate.
- Use immediately or possibly chill overnight in bag. (Dough can be frzn. Bring to room temperature before using.)
- This recipe yields dough for 2 (12- by 10-inch) flat breads.
- NOTES :
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 706g|
|Calories from Fat 174||11%|
|Total Fat 20.08g||25%|
|Saturated Fat 2.81g||11%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 281.75g||75%|
|Dietary Fiber 10.5g||35%|