Cost per recipe $1.53 view details
- 1 pkt dry yeast - (1/4 ounce)
- 1 tsp honey
- 1Â 1/4 c. hot water (105 to 115 degrees)
- 2Â 3/4 c. bread flour
- 1/2 c. whole-wheat flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Stir yeast and honey into water; let stand till foamy, about 5 min.
- Place bread and whole-wheat flours and salt in food processor fitted with metal blade. Pulse to mix. With machine running, slowly pour yeast mix through feed tube, then add in oil. Process till dough cleans sides of work bowl. Adjust consistency of dough as needed: If it is too dry, add in a little more water; if it is too sticky, add in a little more flour. When dough is right consistency - moist but not sticking to work bowl - process it till supple and elastic, about 30 seconds more.
- Transfer dough to large resealable plastic food bag, squeeze out air and seal at top, leaving room for dough to expand. Let dough rise in hot place till doubled in volume, about 1 hour. Press dough through bag to deflate. Use immediately or possibly chill overnight in bag. (Dough can be frzn. Bring to room temperature before using.)
- This recipe yields dough for 2 (12- by 10-inch) flat breads.
- NOTES :
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 706g|
|Calories from Fat 174||11%|
|Total Fat 20.08g||25%|
|Saturated Fat 2.81g||11%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 281.75g||75%|
|Dietary Fiber 10.5g||35%|