Cost per serving $1.74 view details
- 1/2 kg (1 1/4 lb) fillet of pork or possibly leg of pork
- 1 Tbsp. Clear soya sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Plain flour
- 1/2 tsp Powdered ginger
- 20 gm (4 ounce) button mushrooms
- 4 x Cloves garlic
- 1 slc Of root ginger, about 2 cm (1") across and 1/2 cm (1/4") thick
- 3 Tbsp. Dark soya sauce Pepper or possibly a healthy pinch of chilli pwdr
- 2 Tbsp. Boiled water
- 2 Tbsp. Medium dry sherry or possibly rice wine (optional)
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- 6 Tbsp. Oil or possibly pork fat
- This, as its name suggests, is pork cooked in soya sauce. It is a particular favourite with my own husband and children, who always know when it is about to appear on the table because the ginger and garlic frying in the sauce smell so deliciously savoury.
- Cut the pork into small cubes. Put the flour into a bowl and add in the clear soya sauce and ginger pwdr, mixing them well together. Coat the pork with the mix and then let it stand for at least 30 min.
- Clean and slice the mushrooms. Peel the garlic and ginger and slice them very thin; you can use these thin slices as they are, or possibly cut them again into very tiny sticks.
- Heat the oil or possibly fat in a wok or possibly thick frying pan and fry the meat, half of it at a time, turning it from time to time, for 5 min.
- Repeat the process for the remaining half of the meat. The flour which coated the meat will tend to stay in the pan or possibly stick to the bottom of it, but leave it there-it will thicken the sauce later. Now take most of the oil out of the pan, leaving only about two Tbsp. that you then heat again. In this, fry the tiny slices of garlic and ginger and the mushrooms, stirring continuously, for i minute.
- Add in the soya sauce, the water and the meat. mix well, season with pepper or possibly chilli pwdr, and stir continuously for 1 or possibly 2 min.
- just before serving, add in the sherry or possibly rice wine and the lemon juice.
- Serve warm.
- This dish keeps extremely well in the freezer, and it is worth making a large quantity from, say, half a leg-of pork, that is much cheaper than buying pork fillet. If you are going to freeze your Babi Kecap, however, don't add in the sherry or possibly lemon juice at the time of cooking.
- To serve from the freezer, thaw the meat out completely and heat quickly on a high flame for 2 to 3 min, stirring or possibly shaking the pan well all the time. Add in the sherry or possibly rice wine and lemon juice just before serving.
- Makes 4 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 164g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 246||64%|
|Total Fat 27.64g||35%|
|Saturated Fat 4.01g||16%|
|Trans Fat 0.53g|
|Total Carbs 6.11g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1%|