Cost per serving $1.02 view details
- 5 whl fresh Anaheim chile, seeded, peeled
- 5 whl Poblano chilies, peeled, seeded
- 2 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 c. Yellow onion, diced
- 1Â 1/2 tsp Garlic, chopped
- 1Â 1/2 x Jalapeno chile, chopped
- 3/4 tsp Oregano
- 3/4 tsp Cumin
- 4 c. Chicken stock
- 1 x Idaho potato, medium, peeled, cut in 1/2 inch dice
- 2 c. Chicken breast, uncooked, cut in 1/2 inch dice
- 1 c. Cilantro, loosely packed, large stems removed
- Â Â Salt, to taste
- Cut Anaheim, and poblano chiles in half, remove the seeds , char and peel.
- In a large skillet, heat the extra virgin olive oil and saute/fry the onion till translucent/soft. Add in the garlic, jalapeno chiles, cumin and oregano, and saute/fry for several min. Add in the chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Then add in the potatoes and cook till just tender. With a slotted spoon, remove 1 c. of potatoes and reserve. Add in the diced chicken and pooach gently in the onion- chili- potato mixturer till chicken is cooked through. Remove from the heat immediatly, transfer to a bowl, reserving 1/2 c. of the liquid in a small bowl. Chill the remainder to keep the chicken from overcooking. In a blender, puree the reserved potatoes, half half the Anaheim and half the poblano chilies, and the cilantro with the reserved half c. of liquid. When the chicken mix is no longer hot, add in the puree. Dice the remaining half of the Anaheim and poblano chilies in half inch cubes and add in to the mix. Season with salt. Reheat just before serving to retain the fresh green color and flovor of the soup.
- NOTES :This recipe makes a spicy soup with the consistancy of a hearty chicken-vegetable soup.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 209g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 71||49%|
|Total Fat 7.97g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 1.78g||7%|
|Trans Fat 0.06g|
|Total Carbs 6.0g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||4%|