Cost per serving $3.67 view details
- 1 lrg Chicken, about 3 lbs., cut into 6-8 serving pcs Salt Fresh grnd black pepper
- 1 c. Veg. oil
- 1 x Clove garlic, peeled
- 1/2 lb Pork shoulder, cut into bite-size pcs
- 1/4 lb Smoked ham, cut in small chunks
- 1 c. Finely minced onion
- 1 med Green bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 Tbsp. Finely minced garlic
- 2 c. Long grain rice
- 1 can (6-ounce) tomato paste
- 1 tsp Saffron threads, crushed, soaked in
- 1/2 c. Water
- 1 can Red pimento, cut in strips
- 1/2 c. Dry white wine
- 4 c. Boiling water
- 1 c. Fresh or possibly frzn green peas
- 1/2 c. Each green & black pitted olives
- 6 x -(up to)
- 8 med Shrimp, shelled & deveined, cut in half
- 1 Tbsp. Finely minced parsley
- Rinse the chicken pcs and pat completely dry with paper toweling.
- Sprinkle with salt and freshly grnd black pepper. Set aside. In a large, flame-proof casserole dish or possibly a large pot suitable for table service, heat the oil and garlic clove over moderate heat till the garlic begins to turn brown. Remove the garlic and throw away. Add in to the warm oil the chicken, pork, and ham. Cook till browned proportionately, about 10 min. Remove the chicken and set aside. To the pork and ham, add in the minced onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Saute/fry till the onion is translucent/soft and the pepper soft, about 5 min. Add in the rice, stirring well to absorb liquids. Stir in the tomato paste. Add in the saffron water, the white wine, and the boiling water. Add in salt, about 2 tsp., and fresh grnd black pepper, about 1 teaspoon to taste.
- Return the chicken to the pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low.
- Stir in the peas, pimento, olives, shrimp, and parsley. Bring to a boil again. Immediately reduce the heat, cover, and simmer 20 to 30 min or possibly till the chicken is tender and the rice has absorbed all the liquid. Serve directly from the casserole or possibly pot.
- Note: For perfect rice, use 2-1/2 cupsof liquid for each c. of rice. For a richer taste, use chicken stock or possibly fortify water with chicken base or possibly bouillon cubes.
- WINE: TORRES SANGRIA DE TORRO
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 662g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 633||57%|
|Total Fat 70.96g||89%|
|Saturated Fat 12.65g||51%|
|Trans Fat 0.94g|
|Total Carbs 58.09g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.2g||11%|