Cost per recipe $9.89 view details
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lb warm italian sausage
- 1 lg green pepper, minced
- 1 lg red pepper, minced
- 1 tbs garlic, chopped
- 1/2 c. minced onion, minced
- 1 pkg yellow rice or possibly saffron rice, family sized
- salt & pepper
- warm sauce
- good grade extra virgin olive oil
- Coat the bottom of a large fry pan or possibly saute/fry pan with extra virgin olive oil. Over med high heat, saute/fry garlic and onion in the oil till tender but not browned.
- Cut the chicken breasts into 1.5" chunks. Remove the sausage from its casings and crumble into small pcs. Add in the chicken and sausage to the garlic and onion mix; salt and pepper to taste. Saute/fry the mix, stirring frequently.
- When the meats are almost cooked through, add in the minced pepper and continue to saute/fry till done.
- Add in the rice and any packaged seasonings to the mix and stir. Add in water (according to package directions) and warm sauce to taste and stir.
- Cover and simmer till water is absorbed, approx. 25 min or possibly according to package directions.
- Fluff with fork and serve.
- Chorizo can be substituted for the Italian sausage.
- Frzn peas may be used instead of the pepper. If so, add in them when the rice and water is added to the pan.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 996g|
|Calories from Fat 1309||69%|
|Total Fat 145.15g||181%|
|Saturated Fat 51.89g||208%|
|Trans Fat 0.06g|
|Total Carbs 28.99g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.6g||22%|