Singapore is a tropical country. A glass of icy Lemongrass Tea refreshes & perks you up for the day. Besides coconut drink, I'd always order lemongrass tea whenever I visit Thailand. But at home, I like to add a touch of mint to invigorate my mind. Try this version & I’m sure you’ll like it too! Let the lemongrass scent envelope your home & send you reeling to a spa!
- Cut off both ends of lemongrass. Rinse & slice it diagonally, about 3â lengthwise & smash it.
- Boil water in pot & throw in lemon grass. Simmer for about 30 mins.
- Turn off fire. Add sugar/honey & mint. Cover the lid & let it infuse for about 5 mins.
- When tea is cooled, pour some tea into an ice-cube tray. Add 1 mint leaf in each cube. Freeze.
- Transfer the rest of the tea into a jug & refrigerate. Remove ice just before serving & pour the chilled tea into serving glass.
- * Tips:
- When you use the tea instead of water to make ice cubes, your tea will not be diluted when serving. These ice cubes will also make the tea look pretty.
- Put on a face mask while the tea is simmering. Relax on a sofa with your eyes closed & inhale the lemongrass to relax you mind.
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 52g|
|Calories from Fat 0||0%|
|Total Fat 0.02g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 50.59g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1%|