An idea struck me when it was my son’s lunch box day on Fridays. Jon loves Onigiri, so I decided to make him an Angry Birds Lunch Box!
Angry Birds Bento Box for a 16-yr-old boy? Never mind, his mum is a big kid too! Guess what? It was my hubby who was more impressed & “snatched” the lunch box from Jon! Yes, Ken brought these Angry Birds to his office instead!!
Angry Birds, the popular & best-selling mobile game, has taken the world by storm. The game is about these birds who’re angry because their eggs were stolen by a bunch of green pigs. Since they can’t fly, they’ve to use a giant slingshot to catapult themselves to destroy those pigs that are well protected inside their fortress. So are you ready for some action now?? Let's GAME!
- (Red Bird)
- 3 tbsp cooked Japanese Rice
- 2 Crabsticks
- Â½ Hard-boiled Egg
- 1 slice of Cheese
- 1 sheet of Nori (seaweed)
- 1 tsp Salt water
- 1 tbsp Ketchup ( tomato sauce)
- 1 tbsp Mayonnaise
- Dash of black pepper
- 1 sheet of Cling wrap
- Mayonnaise & Wasabi for serving (optional)
- Mash hard-boiled egg & set aside. Blanch crabmeat in boiling water & drain. Dice it & mix with egg, mayo & pepper.
- Mix Ketchup into 2 tbsp of rice. Using fingers, spread some salt water onto cling wrap. Put 2 tbsp of rice onto palm & top with crabmeat mixture.
- Make into a ball. Add 1 tbsp of white rice to make the bottom of the Red Bird. Press well to combine the two.
- Once youâre done, start cutting out the eyes by using Cheese & Nori & the crown/beak using Carrots. Tada! Hereâs your 1st Angry Bird!! Serve with mayo & wasabi if you like :)
- So what do you think of this Red Bird? Remember to be back for the Yellow Bird, White Bird & the King Pig!!
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 244g|
|Calories from Fat 213||48%|
|Total Fat 24.14g||30%|
|Saturated Fat 8.24g||33%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 44.05g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 10.4g||35%|