Cost per recipe $12.29 view details
- 2 Tbsp. Butter, (1/4 stick)
- 1 lb Andouille sausages, * cut into 1/3-inch pcs
- 1 pkt Breakfast-style bulk sausage, (12-oz)
- 3 c. Minced onions
- 2 c. Minced celery
- 2 c. Minced red bell peppers
- 1 c. Minced green onions
- 2 tsp Minced fresh thyme
- 1 tsp Warm pepper sauce
- 1 tsp Dry rubbed sage
- 12 ounce Dry corn bread stuffing mix
- 1Â 1/2 c. Canned low-salt chicken broth, (about)
- Heat butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in all sausages and cook till brown and cooked through, breaking up bulk sausage with back of fork, about 5 min. Add in onions, celery and red bell peppers. Cover and cook till vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally, about 12 min. Stir in green onions, thyme, warm pepper sauce and sage. Transfer sausage mix to large bowl.
- (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.) Stir stuffing mix into sausage mix. Season with salt and pepper.
- To bake stuffing in turkey: Loosely fill main turkey cavity with stuffing. Add in sufficient broth to remaining stuffing to moisten lightly
- (about 1/4 to 1/2 c., depending on amount of remaining stuffing).
- Generously butter glass or possibly ceramic baking dish. Spoon remaining stuffing into dish. Cover with buttered foil, buttered side down.
- Bake stuffing in dish alongside turkey till heated through, about 30 min. Uncover stuffing. Bake till top is just crisp and golden brown, about 15 min.
- To bake all of stuffing in baking dish: Preheat oven to 350F. Generously butter 15x10x2-inch, 13x9x2-inch or possibly 8-inch square glass or possibly ceramic baking dish, using size called for in recipe. Add in sufficient broth to stuffing to moisten (about 3/4 c. to 1 1/2 c..) Transfer stuffing to prepared dish. Cover with buttered foil, buttered side down; bake till heated through, about 30 min. Uncover and bake till top is crisp and golden brown, about 20 min longer.
- *Smoked pork-and-beef sausages which are sold at specialty foods stores. Smoked bratwurst, kielbasa or possibly smoked Hungarian sausages can be substituted.
- Makes 10 to 12 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1800g|
|Calories from Fat 1519||71%|
|Total Fat 169.1g||211%|
|Saturated Fat 66.76g||267%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 75.49g||20%|
|Dietary Fiber 18.3g||61%|