Cost per serving $0.54 view details
- 1/2 cup butter(at room temperature) + 1 tbsp, melted(for buttering a pan)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup blanched almonds,divided
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3-4 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Brush the inside of an 8-inch round pan with melted butter,line the pan with a piece of parchment.
- Butter the parchment,arrange half quantity of almond halves in the base and set the pan aside.
- Coarsely grind / chop the remaining almonds.Keep aside.
- Sift together the flour and baking powder,and set aside.
- Beat the butter and sugar together in a bowl until well combined and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one by one,beat well until fully incorporated before adding the next.Add the lemon zest.
- On lowest speed,add flour mixture and ground almonds,beating only until incorporated.
- Add milk and beat again.
- Spoon the batter carefully into the prepared pan and smooth the top with a spoon.
- Bake the cake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until lightly golden.
- Allow to cool in the pan 5 minutes,then turn the cake upside down on the wire rack.
- Make the syrup while the cake is in the oven.
- Combine the lemon juice and sugar in a pan and bring gently to the boil, stirring until the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove the cake from the oven and put on a serving plate, remove the bottom of the pan and the parchment paper making sure not to damage any of the delicate edges then drizzle the cake with the glaze.
- Leave the cake to cool, spooning any excess syrup back over it every now and then until the syrup is all soaked up.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 106g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 178||46%|
|Total Fat 20.4g||26%|
|Saturated Fat 10.59g||42%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 47.33g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.2g||4%|