Mango Jam ... Homemade mango jam recipe with mangoes, sugar, and lemon. A delicious fruit spread for the bread. As mangoes are in season & are plentiful in the market, it is just the time for making jams.
- 500 gm. peeled & chopped mangoes ( weight of chopped mangoes should be 500 gm. )
- 375 gm. sugar
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- In a large heavy-bottomed, non-reactive saucepan; combine mango, sugar and lemon juice and stir with a wooden spoon.
- Cook on very low heat until every grain of sugar is dissolved and mangoes are softened.
- Mash the pieces of mango with the back of the spoon.
- Increase heat to thicken contents. Cook, stirring occasionally. Skim off any light-colored foam that rises to the surface with a spoon.
- When jam starts to form smaller, thicker bubbles; remove from heat & test for setting.
- If jam is not ready, cook again until ready. Remove from heat and stir for 1 minute.
- Spoon the jam into clean warm dry jars, cover it with muslin cloth ( malmal ka kapra ) and keep it outside for 12 hours ( do not cover it with lid and do not keep it in fridge ).
- After 12 hours, cover and store in a cool, dark place or in the refrigerator.
- Test for setting :
- Remove the jam from heat before testing.
- Put a teaspoon of jam on a cold plate ( plate left to cool in freezer for few minutes ). Drag a finger through it. If jam is ready, the parting made by the finger will remain open. If it runs together, a little more cooking is required.
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 750g|
|Calories from Fat 8||0%|
|Total Fat 0.93g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0.24g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 436.21g||116%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.3g||21%|