Cost per serving $3.69 view details
- 2 cups dry apple cider
- Â½ onion, finely sliced
- Â½ bunch fresh parsley
- 1 kg mussels, cleaned & de-bearded
- olive oil
- a knob of butter
- 2 leeks, finely sliced
- 2 small fennel bulbs, finely sliced
- 3 large potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 cup fish (or chicken) stock
- Â½ cup cream
- freshly ground pepper
- 500 gm cubed âsteakyâ fish, eg. blue eye
- Bring the apple cider and onion with a few parsley sprigs to the boil in a wok or large pot. Add the mussels and gently cook, removing them as they open and discarding any that donât.
- Heat a little oil with the butter in a large heavy-bottomed pot and gently sautÃ© the leeks, fennel and potatoes until reasonably tender, stirring now and again.
- Strain the mussel cooking liquid and add to the pot, together with the stock, cream and a little ground pepper. Stir, cover and gently cook for about 30-40 mins until the vegies are very tender. Then taste for seasoning and mash the potato a little.
- Add 2 heaped tbsp chopped parsley, the fish and mussels. Stir well and briefly cook for a few minutes.
- Serve the chowder in large bowls with good crusty bread on the side.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 768g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 119||20%|
|Total Fat 13.35g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 5.06g||20%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 68.09g||18%|
|Dietary Fiber 7.7g||26%|