United States Chef
Marianne Richards Castiglia Profile
I like to cook but only when I'm in the mood.
I'd call myself a part time, sometimes cook. I only cook when I feel like it. I spend more time reading recipes and food blogs than I do actual cooking. I have to say that of all the recipe/ cooking websites I have seen, Cook Eat Share is my favorite. I'm also a visual type person and like to see pictures and videos. One of my daughters has become quite the foodie and even does a very nice blog. She has become very adventurous in her cooking and that has encouraged me. If you're interested in checking her blog out, search for Erica Levendosky at Savory Fare.
Claudia Lamascolo http://pegasuslegend-whatscookin.blogspot.com/
and Erica McCarthy (my eldest daughter) http://savoryfareblog.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2011-01-01T00:00:00-05:00&updated-max=2012-01-01T00:00:00-05:00&max-results=16
- The New York Times Cook Book (Craig Claiborne)
- Major revision in 1990... first published in 1961 and quite interesting.
Chefs I recommend
- Erica Levendosky (Albany, NY)
- Ok so she's my daughter but her blog is very good.
- Claudia Lamascolo (Orlando, FL)
- BEST Italian cook but not limited only to Italian at all!
Restaurants I Recommend
- Delmonicos Italian Steakhouse (Upstate NY and Orlando Florida, NY)
- You MUST try the Utica Greens and the Chicken Riggies!