Cost per recipe $3.89 view details
- 1 tbsp. plus 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 c. each diced onions and sliced mushrooms
- 1 tbsp. plus 1 1/2 teaspoon all purpose flour
- 1 c. canned ready to serve beef broth
- 1/4 c. dry red table wine
- 1 c. sliced carrots
- 3/4 c. frzn peas
- 1/2 pound cooked grnd beef
- Dash each salt and pepper
- 4 ready to bake refrigerated buttermilk flaky biscuits (1 ounce. each)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In 10 inch nonstick skillet heat butter; add in onions and mushrooms and saute/fry over medium high heat till onions are softened, about 2 min. Sprinkle flour over vegetables and stir to combine; cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Stir in broth and wine and cook, stirring constantly, till mix comes to a boil; cook 1 minute longer. Add in carrots and peas and stir. Reduce heat to low; let simmer for 3 min. Add in beef, salt, and pepper and cook for 1 minute.
- Transfer beef mix to 1 qt casserole; top with biscuits. Bake till biscuits are golden brown, 8 to 10 min. Makes 4 servings.
- Exchanges: 1 F; 2 P; 1 1/2 V; 1 1/2 B; 25 OPT.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 983g|
|Calories from Fat 499||52%|
|Total Fat 55.76g||70%|
|Saturated Fat 25.65g||103%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 50.93g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 11.2g||37%|