This is a delicioius salad that goes perfectly with any spicy asian meal. It is also a nice accompaniment to grilled salmon or steak. I you want to make tt a meal by itslef, just add some sliced grilled chicken, salmon or steak to it.
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- Â¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 orange , juice only
- 1 lime , juice only
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups Chinese or Napa cabbage , finely shredded
- 1 1/2 cups red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 red onion , thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, cut into thin sticks (julienned)
- 1 orange , peeled and sliced into 1 inch segments
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro , chopped
- 2 grilled chicken breasts , sliced (optional)
- Combine all dressing together and whisk briskly or mix in a salad dressing emulsifier. Add salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Combine the Cabbages, sliced red onion and orange segments. (You can leave this out as an attractive display until you are ready to toss.) When ready to serve, toss with the dressing.
- If using, add the grilled chicken or other meat on top.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 237g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 86||43%|
|Total Fat 9.56g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 2.28g||9%|
|Trans Fat 0.08g|
|Total Carbs 12.71g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.6g||9%|