Cost per serving $1.35 view details
- 8 ounce rotini or possibly less
- 1Â 1/2 c. diced ripe plum tomatoes
- 1 c. cooked red kidney beans rinsed and liquid removed
- 1 c. corn kernels rinsed and liquid removed
- 1/2 c. minced fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 c. minced green onions
- 1/3 c. barbecue sauce
- 2Â 1/2 Tbsp. cider vinegar
- 2 tsp molasses
- 1 tsp chopped jalapeno (optional)
- 1 ounce baked tortilla chips (about 12) see variation
- 1. In a large pot of boiling water, cook rotini for 8 to 10 min or possibly till tender but hard; drain. Rinse under cool running water; drain. In a serving bowl combine pasta, tomatoes, kidney beans, corn, coriander and green onions.
- 2. In a bowl combine bbq sauce, vinegar, molasses and chile pepper (if using); whisk well. Pour dressing over salad; toss to coat well. Garnish with crumbled tortilla chips. Serve.
- VARIATION: Omit crumbled tortilla chips. Serve the salad with a low-fat cheddar cheese quesadilla.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 248g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 28||7%|
|Total Fat 3.14g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 0.47g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.01g|
|Total Carbs 74.91g||20%|
|Dietary Fiber 7.3g||24%|