Essentially a Mexican lasagna, this recipe is a snap to make and has become a favorite in our house. Loved by kids and adults alike!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Servings: 6 slices
Cost per serving $2.04 view details
- 1 pound lean ground beef (or turkey)
- 1 packet taco seasoning (or you can make your own)
- 1 jar of your favorite salsa
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can green chilies, drained
- 1 15 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 9 soft corn tortillas
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup Mexican or pepperjack cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 375.
- Heat a skillet on medium-high heat and add about 1 Tbsp oil. Begin to sautÃ© onions until fragrant and translucent. Add beef and continue to cook until beef is no longer pink.
- Add in taco seasoning and cook according to package instructions. Bring quickly to a boil and then simmer until liquid is almost evaporated.
- At this point, add the black beans, corn and green chilies to the beef mixture. Let simmer for ~ 5 minutes to let flavors meld. Liquid should be evaporated.
- Spray an 8 x 8 casserole dish with cooking spray. Place three tortillas on the bottom of the dish, cutting them to fit any empty space. Layer with half of the beef mixture. Top with half of the salsa and 1/3 of the cilantro.
- Repeat layers. Finish with cheese and the final 1/3 of cilantro.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until sides are bubbly and cheese has melted.
- Garnish with additional cilantro and serve with sour cream or Greek yogurt.
- Note: Like a traditional lasagna, this is best served the next day so layers have time to meld. However, if serving out of the oven, allow it to sit for 15 minutes before cutting.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 234g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 121||25%|
|Total Fat 13.6g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 4.88g||20%|
|Trans Fat 0.71g|
|Total Carbs 63.29g||17%|
|Dietary Fiber 13.0g||43%|