A very simple way to prepare a fish the classic Cantonese style with oil, soy sauce, ginger and green onions.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Servings: 4 - 6 servings
Cost per serving $0.35 view details
- 1 whole Rock Cod about 2 Â½ pounds, cleaned and scaled*
- 4 tablespoons of canola oil
- 3 stalks green onion, cut into Â½ inch slices
- 3 1/4-inch thick rounds fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic gloves, sliced
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preparation for Frozen fish
- Â½ tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon rice wine or sake
- Available in Chinese markets and grocery stores
- 1. For fish that is previously frozen, sprinkle salt and rice wine evenly on fish 1 â 2 hours before cooking and keep refrigerated.
- 2. Add 2 inches of water to a wok or large boiler wide enough to hold the fish. Bring water to a boil and place steamer in the water.
- 3. Put the fish on a plate and place the plate on the steamer. Cover and steam for 5 â 7 minutes. Do not over cook, a fish is done when you can pierce it through with a chopstick or fork.
- 4. In a wok or a shallow pot, heat oil over med high heat. When you see a slight smoke, add ginger, green onions, and garlic, stir and cook for 10 - 15 seconds.
- 5. Mix soy sauce and water together and add to oil in wok, stir and cook for 5 â 10 seconds. Turn off heat and pour sauce over fish.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 69g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 136||74%|
|Total Fat 15.36g||19%|
|Saturated Fat 1.44g||6%|
|Trans Fat 0.06g|
|Total Carbs 8.67g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.0g||3%|