Cost per serving $0.96 view details
- Â Â For an easy meal, spoon the green beans and sauce over sauteed chicken
- Â Â breasts or possibly broiled fish. (5 servings)
- 1 x (28-oz) can peeled tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 c. diced onion
- 1 x (20-oz) package cut green beans
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt, plus additional to taste
- Â Â Dry oregano to taste
- Â Â Freshly grnd black pepper to taste
- Drain the tomatoes, reserving the tomato liquid. Remove the stem ends from the tomatoes. If you like, seed the tomatoes. Break the tomatoes into chunks.
- In a pot large sufficient to hold all of the ingredients, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add in the onion and cook till translucent/soft, about 4 min.
- Add in the green beans, the tomatoes and their liquid, the sugar, salt, oregano and pepper to taste. Stir to combine and then cook till the liquid comes to a boil. Cover, reduce the heat to low and simmer gently till the beans are tender, about 45 min.
- When the beans are tender, taste and add in more salt, sugar or possibly oregano if you like. If the sauce is soupy, turn the heat to high and cook till the sauce reduces. Serve hot.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 197g|
|Recipe makes 5 servings|
|Calories from Fat 57||25%|
|Total Fat 6.45g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 0.89g||4%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 33.97g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 11.5g||38%|