If you’ve never had a breakfast taco, you’re in for a wonderful treat. So popular in Texas where it’s the smaller cousin to the breakfast burrito.One problem, it’s usually pretty fattening, but not this skinny one…My slimmed down version is a healthy way to start the day! The skinny for 1 filling taco is only 108 calories, 3 grams of fat and 3 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS. So quick, easy and delicious!
- Â½ teaspoon reduced-fat butter or Smart Balance light
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons scallions, chopped
- A little salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 crispy taco shell, such as Mission taco shells
- 2 tablespoons tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 tablespoon salsa, I like Pace Medium Chunky
- Melt butter in a small nonstick pan. In a small bowl, add the egg whites and scallions. Mix until blended. Pour eggs into pan and scramble on medium-high heat, until thoroughly cooked. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- To assemble the taco: Divide and add cooked eggs to taco shell. Layer with tomatoes, lettuce and salsa all over the top of the eggs.
- This recipe can easily be doubled, tripled and so on. Serve at once.
- For more skinny recipes, please join me at http://skinnykitchen.com
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 72g|
|Calories from Fat 57||45%|
|Total Fat 6.39g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 2.54g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 15.9g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.8g||6%|